Case Study Requirements - Dental CT
Applicant practices must submit a total of six case studies for each CT unit for peer review of the interpretive and technical (clinical image) quality. The case studies to be submitted must:
- Include as many different dental/medical staff members who interpret CT examinations and technical staff members who perform CT examinations. All case studies to be submitted must have been interpreted and performed by current dental/medical and technical staff members. At least one case study interpreted by the Dental/Medical Director must be submitted.
- Have been performed within 12 months prior to the date of submission of the application and must contain:
- the final report;
- a completed Dental CT Scan Parameter Form; and
- all images (source and reconstructed) that have been reviewed by the interpreting dentist/physician.
- Demonstrate some pathology such as:
- Dentoalveolar Pathology
- Impacted Teeth
- Maxillofacial Trauma
- Congenital Deformities
- Maxillofacial or Dental Infection
- TMJ Disorder
- Dental Implant Treatment Planning
- Post-op Treatment
Submitting Case Studies / Corresponding Materials
During final submission, the payment method will be selected, and you will be instructed to upload the case study images and fee (if paid by check) within 5 business days.
Effective January 1, 2021, shipped case study materials are no longer accepted. Facilities are now required to upload all materials through IAC’s HIPAA-compliant, secure medical imaging sharing service. View Instructions»
For more details on uploading cases, please visit www.intersocietal.org/case-uploads.
All materials submitted to the IAC will be handled with strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations. Read more in the Agreement section of the IAC website»