Please review instructions and requirements below for multiple site facilities and how to add a site, testing area, unit, or radiology group to an existing diagnostic imaging (Vascular Testing, Echocardiography, Nuclear/PET, MRI and/or CT) accreditation.
Note: Any of the changes below completed during the three-year cycle will expire on the facility’s original expiration date. For example, if the facility’s original application was submitted January 1, 2021 it will expire on January 31, 2024. If the facility submits any application below for a new site, testing area or radiology group on January 1, 2022 it too will expire on January 31, 2024.
Adding a New Site to an Existing IAC Accreditation
Multiple Site/Additional Site Pricing
- $1,325 per site for sites 2-3
- $1,085 per site for sites 4-10 (20% discount)
- $875 per site for each site over 10
Facilities with more than 20 sites, please e-mail Frank Vermeiren for additional information regarding multiple site pricing options.
- Facilities must enter the information for their new locations on the Manage Sites tab of their Online Accreditation account. Please Note: Before a user may enter additional sites, there are a series of qualifying questions that ensure the eligibility of the facility to apply as a multiple site. The accreditation decision will be made for each site individually. All correspondence will go through the address listed on the IAC Accreditation Agreement.
- If there are any medical or technical staff at the additional site that were not included as part of the original application, the facility’s Online Accreditation account (Manage Staff tab) must be updated to reflect all current staff members.
- If there is any equipment at the additional site that was not included as part of the original application, the facility’s Online Accreditation account (Manage Equipment tab) must be updated to reflect all current equipment used at all applicant sites.
- Once the above information has been updated, accredited facilities adding site(s) must complete the online submission form below. Mailed applications are no longer accepted. Once the form is received, you will be contacted by an IAC staff member with instructions on uploading the required images and additional required documentation.
Please Note: Sites are not considered accredited until the documents and images have been reviewed, applicable fees have been submitted, and accreditation has been granted accreditation for the added site(s) will expire when the facility’s original accreditation expires.
Adding a Testing or Procedural Area to an Existing IAC Accreditation:
Additional testing or procedural area(s) may be added to a facility’s current accreditation at any time during the three-year accreditation cycle. Accreditation is granted only for the specific areas for which a facility has submitted an application.
Accredited facilities wanting to add an area must review the requirements, fees in the link below and complete a brief application:
Accredited Facilities Wanting to Add or Replace a Unit to an Existing IAC Accreditation:
An additional or replacement MRI, CT or Dental CT unit may be added to a facility’s currently accredited site during the three-year accreditation cycle. A $800 fee will be assessed for adding a unit in your Online Accreditation account.
Accredited facilities wanting to add or replace a unit must review the requirements in the link below and complete a brief application:
Accredited Facilities Wanting to Change a Radiology Group in an Existing IAC Accreditation:
If during the three-year accreditation cycle, the entire radiology group (inclusive of the Medical Director) performing interpretations for a facility is replaced by a new group, information must be submitted for the newly added physicians. Physicians that were not included in the application submission are not considered part of the accredited facility until experience and training information along with sample case study interpretations have undergone an IAC peer review. Accreditation is granted only for the facility and the physicians that have been reviewed by the IAC. A $400 fee will be assessed for changing a radiology group in your Online Accreditation account.
Accredited facilities wanting to change a radiology group must review the requirements in the link below and complete a brief application: