Device Clinic Accreditation Now Available
As an accreditation organization, IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology is committed to maintaining a program that balances the changing needs of both the cardiac electrophysiology community and the general public by influencing the quality of patient care provided. The IAC Standards and Guidelines for Cardiac Electrophysiology Accreditation are the most important component of that commitment. Composed by physicians, nurses and technologists from the IAC sponsoring organizations, the Standards are reviewed periodically by the Board of Directors and revised as needed.
As a component of the accreditation process, the IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology Board of Directors preliminarily approved the proposed Standards which were posted to the website for a public comment period from August 1-October 1, 2021.
The majority of the changes are centered around the addition of a new testing area, Device Clinic, which is now available to applicant facilities. Therefore, these Standards are effective immediately.
Key Revisions to the Standards
Key modifications or additions are shown in the current Standards in highlighting and include:
- Introduction (Addition of Device Clinic Accreditation & Staff)
- Medical Director – Required Training & Experience (Applicable Standard 188.8.131.52A)
- Medical Director – Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 184.108.40.206A)
- Medical Director – CME Requirements (Applicable Standard 1.1.3A)
- Medical Staff – Required Training & Experience (Applicable Standard 220.127.116.11A)
- Medical Staff – Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 18.104.22.168A)
- Medical Staff – CME Requirements (Applicable Standard 1.2.3A)
- Ancillary Personnel (Applicable Standard 1.8A)
- Device Clinic Manager (Applicable Standard 1.11A)
- Device Clinic Staff (Applicable Standard 1.12A)
- Information Technology Officer / Representative (Applicable Standard 1.13A)
- Facility / Device Clinic (Applicable Standard 2.17A)
- Facility / Quality Control Documentation (Applicable Standard 2.18A)
- Procedures and Protocols (Applicable Standard 1.1B)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and/or Programming Requirements (Device Clinic Only) (Applicable Standard 1.10B)
- Quality Improvement Program (Applicable Standard 1.1C)
- Quality Improvement Oversight (Applicable Standard 1.2C)
- Test Appropriateness (Applicable Standard 2.1C)
- Technical Quality Review (Applicable Standard 2.2C)
- Safety and Procedural Outcomes (Applicable Standard 2.3C)
- Interpretive Quality Review (Applicable Standard 2.4C)
- Final Report Completeness and Timeliness (Applicable Standard 2.6C)
Please contact the IAC Cardiac Electrophysiology staff with questions at email@example.com.