Case Study / Supporting Documentation Submission & Review
Case Study Selection
- First-Time Applicants: Once the application is submitted via the Online Accreditation account, three random venous treatment cases will be chosen from the submitted procedure log for review; one of those cases will be designated to include the complete diagnostic peripheral venous duplex case study including images, worksheets and the final report. The Medical Director(s) identified in the application will be notified (via e-mail) within 5 days that the application and log were received and which procedures have been selected for submission. Facilities will then have three (3) days to upload the selected case study documentation (as listed in the case study checklist) on the Applications tab in the Online Accreditation account. The complete diagnostic peripheral venous duplex case study images must be mailed (via a traceable carrier) to the IAC.
- Reaccreditation Applicants: Three ablation (non-thermal, LASER and/or RFA) procedures of your choice must be entered into the application questionnaire and must represent as many staff as possible. All cases must be selected from within the past 12 months from the date of application filing. Once the IAC Online Accreditation application questionnaire is submitted, facilities will then have three (3) days to upload the required case study documentation (as listed in the case study checklist on the Applications tab in the Online Accreditation account.
Case Study Supporting Documentation
Once your facility has been notified by the IAC of which three procedures have been selected (first-time applicants), or once your reaccreditation application has been submitted with your three entered cases; follow the below instructions to upload the supporting documentation.
- Log into the Online Accreditation account;
- Proceed to the Applications tab and scroll to the applicable application;
- Beneath the application there will be a ‘Case Information’ section listing all required case studies; click the [Start] button to the left of each case study to begin uploading the required documentation.
- First Time Applicants: The requested complete diagnostic peripheral venous duplex case study images must be uploaded to our secure server. Instructions for this process will be emailed to your facility once the application is submitted.
All required documentation must be submitted for each procedure before the review of the application can continue.
Case Study Review Process
Once the case study documentation has been received in the IAC office, the IAC Vein Center staff will continue the review process and evaluate the submitted case studies. An accreditation decision will generally be rendered within 8-10 weeks from the date the online portion of the application was submitted.