The documents published below are the minimum Standards for facilities to acquire or maintain IAC accreditation. In addition to all Standards listed, all applicant facilities and staff must comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Additionally, facilities must also follow laws relating to licensed scope of practice, facility operations and billing requirements.
Guidelines are descriptions, examples or recommendations that elaborate on Standards, however, guidelines are not requirements. Guidelines can assist with interpretation of the Standards. Standards are in regular typeface in outline form, but guidelines are in italic typeface and in narrative form.
Applicant facilities must reference the current published version of the Standards when applying for first-time accreditation or reaccreditation.
- Adult Echocardiography Accreditation Standards
- Pediatric and Congenital Echocardiography Accreditation Standards
- Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Accreditation Standards
- Vein Center Accreditation Standards
- Peripheral Arterial Intervention Accreditation Standards
- Hemodialysis Access Intervention Accreditation Standards
- Deep Venous Accreditation Standards
- Vein Center Accreditation Standards – Fluoroscopy
Learn more about IAC accreditation at www.intersocietal.org/programs.
Public Comment Period
Current proposed revisions to any of the Standards above can be found on the IAC public comment period page at intersocietal.org/comment-period when available. Additionally, applicant facilities are notified via e-mail when revisions to the Standards & Guidelines are available for public comment. For information regarding the process of revising the Standards or 60-day public comment period, review the IAC Accreditation Program Policies & Procedures, Section 1: Changes to the Standards.