Standards Effective February 15, 2023
AUGUST 15, 2022 | As an accreditation organization, IAC Cardiovascular Catheterization is committed to maintaining a program that balances the changing needs of both the cardiovascular catheterization community and the general public by influencing the quality of patient care provided. The IAC Standards & Guidelines for Cardiovascular Catheterization Accreditation are the most important component of that commitment. Composed by physicians, cardiologists and nurses from the IAC sponsoring organizations, the Standards are reviewed periodically by the Board of Directors and revised as needed.
As a component of the accreditation process, the IAC Cardiovascular Catheterization Board of Directors preliminarily approved the proposed Standards which were posted to the website for a public comment period from February 15-April 15, 2022.
Key Revisions to the Standards
Key modifications or additions are shown in the current Standards in highlighting and include:
- Medical Director CME Requirements (Applicable Standard 126.96.36.199A)
- Medical Staff Required Training and Experience (Applicable Standard 188.8.131.52A)
- Medical Staff CME Requirements (Applicable Standard 184.108.40.206A)
- Nurse Manager Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 1.3.2A)
- Nurse Manager CE Requirements (Applicable Standard 220.127.116.11A)
- Technical Manager Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 18.104.22.168A)
- Technical Manager CE Requirements (Applicable Standard 22.214.171.124A)
- Nurse Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 1.5.2A)
- Nurse CE Requirements (Applicable Standard 1.5.3A)
- Technologist(s) Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 126.96.36.199A)
- Technologist(s) CE Requirements (Applicable Standard 188.8.131.52A)
- Medical Physicist Responsibilities (Applicable Standard 1.10.2A)
- Equipment and Instrumentation (Applicable Standards 2.4.1A, 2.4.9A)
- Equipment and Instrumentation Quality Control (Applicable Standard 2.5.2A)
- Procedure Overview (Applicable Standard 1.1B)
- Procedure Requirements (Applicable Standards 1.2.3B, 1.2.5B,1.3.5B, 1.3.8B, 1.3.9B)
- Procedure Interpretation and Reports (Applicable Standards 1.6.1B, 1.6.2B, 1.7.1B, 1.7.2B, 1.8.1B, 1.8.2B, 1.9.1B, 1.9.2B, 1.10.1B, 1.10.2B, 1.11.1B, 1.11.2B)
- QI Meetings (Applicable Standards 3.1.2C, 3.2.2C)
Standards that are highlighted are content changes that were made as part of the August 15, 2022 revision. Facilities applying for accreditation after February 15, 2023 must comply with these new highlighted Standards.
Please contact the IAC Cardiovascular Catheterization staff with questions at email@example.com.