An additional or replacement CT unit may be added to a facility’s current accreditation at any time during the three-year accreditation cycle. Accreditation is granted only for the specific testing areas for which a facility has applied and submitted an application. Though facilities may be performing other testing in the facility, those areas are not covered under the accreditation until an application for the specific testing type is submitted and granted accreditation.
It is important to note that any equipment added during this three-year cycle will expire on the original expiration date of the previously accredited unit. For example, if the original application was submitted January 1, 2010 it will expire on January 31, 2013. If the facility submits an application for an additional testing area on January 1, 2011 it too will expire on January 31, 2013.
If an accredited facility wishes to add an add or replace an CT unit to their current accreditation, the add on or replacement forms must be completed and submitted with the required case studies and other documentation. As well, the facility will be required to pay the fees associated with adding or replacing an CT unit.
Fee for Adding or Replacing a Unit
Each additional or replacement unit .................. $800
What to Submit
When a facility is replacing or adding an additional CT unit, the following is required:
- A formal letter of notification from the Medical or Technical Director that the facility has replaced or added an CT system.
- Documentation of physicist acceptance testing performed, prior to clinical use to include dose assessment, shielding verification and QC tests.
- 5 days of daily QA tests (with test results and corresponding phantom images) performed since unit installed and most recent PM report
- 1 case study and 1 final report (representative of the testing area). All case studies must be selected from within the 12 months immediately prior to submission of the additional/replacement unit application.
View Case Studies Requirements in the Seeking section»
- Submit the CT Scan Parameter Form
- Submit the CT Replacement or Adding a Unit Form
- $800 fee for adding a unit.
Need help adding or replacing a unit? Contact the staff for assistance.